5 Hacks to make flowers last longer
- Don't Ignore the Water - We can't stress this enough, but changing the water every day makes a world of difference. Think of it this way, how would you feel if you didn't bath everyday. So if you want the flowers to look and smell fresh....change the water everyday.
- A penny for your flowers - Believe it or not but a sngle copper penny fights bacteria from accumulating in your vase. Add one to the water along with cube of sugar, your flowers will last 4-5 days longer.
- Whats your poison ? - Adding a few drops of vodka or any other clear spirit with a teaspoon of sugar tackles the problem of bacteria. But remember to change the water and replenish the vodka and sugar mix everyday.
- Choose Wisely - First rule of floral arrangement : Pick the right flowers. Roses, Orchids, Lilies and carnations have a longer life as compared to others. Also, each flower should be cared for differently. For e.g. Stems of roses should be cut underwater so they develop an air bubble.
- Just One Spray - Just like hair spray can add body to your hair, it works on flowers too. But don't go crazy with the can. Stand a foot away from the bouquet and give a good spray - only on the underside.
- Tags: floral tips
- Gaurav Makhija